MCA and DoLS
Our MCA and DOLs training will give all learners strong knowledge of mental capacity and how to apply this towards their duty of care to the vulnerable individuals they support.
The Deprivation of Liberty Act protects the most vulnerable individuals in care homes, hospitals, and their own homes. It plays an important role in preventing the unlawful deprivation of liberty occurring.
The course contains several sections covering a large amount of material concerning;
- Mental Capacity Assessment
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards – definition, what is restraint, when they might be necessary and how the safeguards apply
- What support and protection is available for decision makers
- What the term ‘Best Interest’ means
- Understanding the limits of restraint issues
- Understanding the roles of everyone involved
- How to work in the best interests of individuals
- Guidance to the relevant legislation, such as the principles and Code of Practice of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
If you would like to book a MCA & DoLS Course, either solely for you or on to one of our already running courses (Please see ‘what’s on’ in our calendar) please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org